Market Square Park is one square block, bounded by Milam, Preston, Travis and Congress.
Blankets, lawn chairs, food and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome anytime, including park events. Alcohol is not allowed to be brought into the park; beer and wine is sold at Niko Niko’s.
Market Square Park is operated in partnership by the City of Houston and the Houston Downtown Management District.
Market Square Park is open to the public; however, the space IS NOT available for event rental and/or private parties. This includes public events, corporate events, weddings, etc. All events held at the park are produced/sponsored by the Downtown District.
If you are planning a gathering at Market Square Park and your group consists of 25 people or more, please contact Laurette Canizares for approval. This includes all organized bike rides.
If you are looking for a public park space to hold an event, visit City of Houston Parks & Recreation or the Mayor's Office of Special Events. You may also want to look at our neighbor, Discovery Green.
For questions regarding events:
For questions regarding media & marketing:
MARKET SQUARE PARK RULES
- No littering; dispose of all trash properly
- Alchohol is not allowed to be brought into the park; beer and wine can be purchased at Niko Niko's
- No glass bottles or containers
- Dogs must be on a leash, except in dog runs, and under control
- Dog owners responsible for pick-up and disposal of pet waste
- Feeding birds is prohibited
- No skateboarding
- Do not harm or vandalize Market Square Park structures or public art
- Picking flowers is prohibited
- No reckless behavior or excessive noise
- Dogs not allowed in water features other than dog run
- No sleeping on benches
Solicitation is strictly prohibited
DOG RUN RULES
- Dog owners must remain with dog
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the dog run
- Dogs showing any sign of aggression must be leashed immediately and removed from the park
- Dogs less than 4 months of age are not allowed off-leash
- No food, drink or smoking allowed in the dog run
- Dogs must have current license and vaccination tags
- Children must be with an adult
- Dogs in heat are prohibited
- Dogs taller than 15 inches must use the large dog run
- Dogs shorter than 15 inches must use the small dog run
There is an abundance of on-street parking in downtown. Metered on-street parking is available Monday-Saturday and is free after 6 pm and all day Sunday. Make sure you feed the meter when applicable and always pay close attention to City signage. Never park at a red meter or if the street has red markings. Milam and Travis streets along the park are also considered mobility lanes so you cannot park there from 7-9 am or 4-6 pm.
Click here for our interactive parking map that lists all surface lots and garages close to the park.